Here is an overview breakdown of my work and income activity since October 2020. I’ll keep it updated each month until the end of 2021.
I started with a mix of:
- active income (freelance/contract)
- semi-passive income (websites)
- passive income (books/audiobooks/POD/crypto)
The goal is to significantly grow my passive income and by the end of 2021 have enough to reduce the necessity for ‘active income’ to zero, all in pursuit of flexible life and ultimate freedom on the road!
This is just an overview – for full details of each month and a more detailed breakdown of the chart visit: https://vanlifeincome.net/private
Researched van pros and cons. Started looking for a ‘Sevel’ van with a max total budget of £15/$20K. ie approx £8-10K ($11-$14K) for the ‘base van’. We didn’t have much luck and started considering other options.
Started researching ‘passive income’ opportunities, with the aim of finding 3 to diversity risk. Re. existing income – November is the best month of they year for websites and POD/books due to Christmas advertising spend and gift purchases.
We ultimately decided to buy a ‘budget van‘ (saving 50%). I sold loads of unused stuff, prepared a couple of websites to sell and found 2 crypto-related opportunities: Hyperfund (a membership rewards program) and Yieldnodes (a server rental / profit share program). I made test deposits to each. Whilst I found several opportunities, I didn’t find a 3rd that I was comfortable enough with. I was also offered a 4-month, part-time freelance contract that paid well.
Note: Having built websites, written books, designed T-shirts and many other things, I was pretty certain nothing would compete with crypto / crypto-related opportunities when it comes to effort-vs-risk-vs-reward.
Took the freelance contract which enabled me to put larger sums into the 2 crypto-related opportunities. I sold two of my neglected, low-earning websites and ‘went heavy’ on purchasing Hyperfund memberships at around 80%, with the remaining 20% to Yieldnodes. The primary reason was because I could withdraw faster and more regularly from Hyperfund…which I would then inpu to Yieldnodes.
Withdrew rewards regularly from HyperFund (approx every 5 days) and used this to increase my Yieldnodes and crypto portfolio. By end of May, I’d only put around 50% in Yieldnodes compared to what I’d spent on purchasing Hyperfund memberships because I was also using Hyperfund rewards to purchase various cryptos. I was offered a an extra month or two on the freelance contract, which I accepted.
Full post: https://vanlifeincome.net/2021-april
May was similar activity to the previous few months, however this month there was a massive crypto crash; the value of literally all coins/tokens fell substantially. I was very pleased to have diversified my funds. Hyperfund and Yieldnodes both saved the day and $MATIC (a cryptocurrency called Polygon) was a rockstar.🤘
Full post: https://vanlifeincome.net/2021-may
Finished the freelance contract. #yey! Started ‘rebuying’ with HyperFund rewards. Setup my first withdrawal from Yieldnodes. Found the 3rd opportunity I’d initially been seeking: $STRONG nodes. Decided to withdraw more from HyperFund and Yieldnodes to buy STRONG (via a HyperPay BitLoan because I didn’t want to sell my BTC/ETH). Spent a lot of time writing and creating Van Life Income site.
Full post: https://vanlifeincome.net/june-2021
Used virtually all Hyper rewards to purchase and setup STRONG nodes (again, via crypto loans – I used OKEX and then AAVE instead of HyperPay as rates were better). Set another withdrawal from Yieldnodes to do the same. Also sacrificed some of my smaller crypto holdings for Strong (COTI, ORN, DOT & LINK) and dipped into PSI and OHM. Wrote lots of content for Van Life Income. I have now withdrawn +100% of what I spent on HyperFund memberships.
Full post: https://vanlifeincome.net/july-2021
Similar to last month, this was primarily about building my STRONG nodes. I’ve done my final personal ‘investment’ and am now buying more nodes with my rewards. Google Adsense banned one of my websites, so I’m even more focused on crypto now! I’ve almost broke-even on my OHM, bought into a passive income meme coin (#shock!) and sneaked in coins to possibly create a new node; Sinovate $SIN.
Full post: https://vanlifeincome.net/august-2021
I hit most of my goals and paid back a large portion of my crypto loans. I took my initial out of $OHM, whilst retaining almost exactly what I initially purchased and had my most interesting month with HyperFund. Great successes and because of this, we’re going to Spain 9 months earlier than expected! 🚐 ☀️
Full post: https://vanlifeincome.net/sept-2021
…to be continued!
I’ll update this page and have a new post live within the first few days of the month.
If you’ve any questions, just ask!
For more details on each month please join my monthly newsletter: https://vanlifeincome.net/private – you’ll get immediate access to all the private posts. 👍